About the Campaign Finance Data
Campaign finance statements are filed in the CAL 2.01 data format supported by the California Secretary of State. Each schedule of the campaign finance statement is parsed into a dataset that contains the same schedules filed by other campaign committees. The datasets can be downloaded to many common formats including Excel, CSV, and JSON. Street address information is redacted on the Internet pursuant to state law. You may obtain street address information reported on campaign finance statements by visiting the Ethics Commission’s office.
If you are a software programmer looking for API access, please see the campaign finance API documentation.
Datasets – FPPC Form 460 – Recipient Committee Campaign Statement
- Summary Totals
- Schedule A – Monetary Contributions
- Schedule B1 – Loans Received
- Schedule B2 – Loan Guarantors
- Schedule C – Non-Monetary Contributions
- Schedule D – Summary of Expenditures Supporting/Opposing Other Candidates, Measures and Committees
- Schedule E – Payments Made
- Schedule F – Accrued Expenses (Unpaid Bills)
- Schedule G – Payments Made by an Agent or Independent Contractor
- Schedule H – Loans Made to Others
- Schedule I – Miscellaneous Increases to Cash
Datasets – FPPC Form 461 – Major Donor and Independent Expenditure Committee Statement
- Part 5 – Contributions (Including Loans, Forgiveness of Loans, and Loan Guarantees) and Expenditures Made
Datasets – FPPC Form 465 – Supplemental Independent Expenditure Report
Datasets – FPPC Form 496 – Late Independent Expenditure Report
Datasets – FPPC Form 497 – Late Contribution Report
Was this page helpful?