- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use this aggregated anonymous information from all our visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of our site.
- We track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Information you provide
- Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form is used to help us enhance our website and may be shared with City and County of San Francisco employees and contractors for that purpose.
- We do not give, share, sell, rent, or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- Information you provide via disclosure forms may be made available on our websites.
- The Ethics Commission relies on third-party websites to present some content or provide some services. The privacy policies of those websites may apply in some instances when you use the Ethics Commission’s website. These sites and policies include:
- NextRequest (for public records requests)
- We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to help understand how visitors interact with our websites so that the site can be improved.
- We use a tool called “JetPack” to help understand how visitors interact with our websites so that the site can be improved.
- We use a tool called “CloudFlare” that places cookies in your browser to maximize network resources, manage traffic, and protects our websites from malicious traffic.
- You can read “Understanding the CloudFlare Cookies”
- The City and County of San Francisco uses link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from agencies that are not part of the City and County of San Francisco website and over whom the City exercises no control.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website expressly consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of data.