Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:10 pm. With Commissioners Chiu, Renne, and Ambrose in attendance, a quorum of members was present. Vice-Chair Kopp joined the meeting at approximately 2:12 pm. Commissioner Lee was not present due to an excused absence.
- Under Item 2, received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Unanimously (4-0) approved two matters on its Consent Calendar:
- Agenda Item 3 – Draft Minutes for the Ethics Commission’s December 21, 2018 regular meeting.
- Agenda Item 4 – Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of John Avalos (Ethics Commission Complaint No. 13-150618).
- Following a motion made by Commissioner Ambrose and seconded by Chair Chiu to take public comment on Item 5 but schedule action on the item at the February regular meeting when Commissioner Lee can also be attendance, the Commission received public comment on Item 5, ordinances regarding public campaign financing. The Commission then voted unanimously 4-0 to continue action on the ordinances to its next regular meeting on February 15.
- Heard a brief Staff presentation and received public comment on Item 6, the monthly Staff Policy Report. No action was taken.
- Heard a brief Staff presentation and received public comment on Item 7, the Staff’s monthly Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Discussed and received public comment on Item 8, the Executive Director’s monthly report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on Item 9 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission. The Commission had no discussion and took no action on the item.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment under Item 10, items for future meetings. No public comment was received and no items were discussed.
- Under Item 11, provided the additional opportunity for public comment on items appearing or not appearing on the Agenda. No public comment was received.
- Under Item 12, unanimously (4-0) approved a motion by Vice-Chair Kopp and seconded by Commissioner Renne to adjourn the meeting and adjourned at 3:43 pm.
Draft Minutes for the January 18, 2019, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, February 15, 2019, at 2:00 pm in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.