September 11, 2020
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:33 am. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee, Daina Chiu, Larry Bush, and Fern Smith in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar of Item 3, Commissioner Bush requested that Draft Minutes of the Commission’s August 14, 2020 regular meeting be severed from the consent calendar for discussion.
- Unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Smith, to continue the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s August 14, 2020 regular meeting to the October 9, 2020 meeting.
- Under Item 4, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu, seconded by Commissioner Bush, to adopt the revised Draft Ethics Commission 2019 Annual Report.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed staff’s report on the Mayor’s proposed budget for the Ethics Commission for FY21. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to adopt the Policy Prioritization Plan contained in the monthly Staff Policy report and to again consider the Plan at the Commission’s November 13, 2020 meeting.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Agenda Item 8, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, regarding items for future meetings, items identified for future discussion included status updates on the Form 700 electronic filing project for all designated filers; development of an action plan for establishing a Citywide Integrity Fund for increased and sustainable Commission funding; ways to augment Commission resources to perform ongoing work; enhanced community engagement; and possible rescheduling of the Commission’s November 13, 2020 meeting.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, adjourned the meeting at 1:12 pm.
Draft Minutes for the September 11, 2020 regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, October 9, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.