The purpose of our social media profiles is to enable the City & County of San Francisco Ethics Commission to post matters of public interest regarding our mission.
We seek to maintain an unbiased and informative environment that is civil and appropriate for all. We reserve the right to remove comments or other postings only to the extent that they:
- Are unrelated to the subject of the Ethics Commission’s post.
- Support or oppose candidates for elective office or ballot measures.
- Contain demonstrably false statements of fact that are defamatory or fraudulent.
- Duplicative posts by the same commenter.
- Communicate private personal information (whether the commenter’s or someone else’s), including home address, home or cell phone number, personal e-mail address, or personal identification numbers.
- Promote or advertise a business or propose a commercial transaction.
- Contain links to external websites.
- Are likely to incite imminent lawless action, constitute criminal threats, or constitute an element of any crime.
- Contain content that violates a legal ownership interest of any party, such as trademarked or copyrighted material.
The Ethics Commission is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments placed on their sites by visitors. Any comments submitted to these platforms are public records subject to disclosure.
Because the Ethics Commission’s social media profiles are not monitored 24 hours a day several important factors should be kept in mind.
- No files should ever be submitted through our social media profiles.
- Public Records Request/ SF Sunshine Request should not be done on social media forums.
- Complaints or “whistleblowing” should not be shared via social media
To contact the Ethics Commission about these or any other issues, please contact us via the following methods:
In-person or mail: 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-252-3100 (monitored 8am-5pm)
Submit a Public Records Request (click here)