Contact: For release:
John St. Croix August 15, 2006
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT AUGUST 14, 2006 MEETING
At its meeting on August 14, 2006, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- Adopted, by a 3-0 vote, a resolution finding that the pending ballot measure scheduled to appear on the November 7, 2006 San Francisco Municipal Election regarding the method of setting salaries for the Sheriff and other elected officials will have a material financial effect on the Sheriff. Commission staff will communicate this resolution to the Elections Commission and the Executive Director of the Department of Elections.
- Approved, by a 3-0 vote, the Template for the Statements of Incompatible Activities.
- Approved, by a 3-0 vote, the Commission’s response to the 2005-2006 Civil Grand Jury report regarding the Statement of Incompatible Activities of the Department of Building Inspection.
- Adopted, by a 3-0 vote, performance goals for the Executive Director for Fiscal Year 2006-2007.
- Approved, by a 3-0 vote, the minutes of the July 10, 2006 meeting, with amendments.
The Ethics Commission will next meet on Monday, September 11, 2006 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 408 City Hall.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
Was this page helpful?