Contact: For release:
John St. Croix March 13, 2007
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT MARCH 12, 2007 MEETING
At its meeting on March 12, 2007, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- After receiving testimony from the departments and public comment, initially adopted, by a 5-0 vote, the Statements of Incompatible Activities (“SIAs”) for the Assessor/Recorder and the Health Service System and Health System Board. The Commission continued its consideration of the draft SIA for the Ethics Commission. Under the law, the City will engage in meet and confer sessions with the affected unions prior to final adoption of the SIAs by the Commission.
- Considered but did not grant a waiver from the one-year post employment restriction in section 3.234(a)(1)(D) of the San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code to a former Deputy City Attorney.
- Deferred consideration of proposed legislation to prohibit the use of City funds to design, produce, create, mail, send or deliver printed calendars.
- Heard a staff presentation regarding audits and the public financing program.
- The Commission’s next regular meeting will be held on Monday, April 9, 2007, at 5:30 p.m. in Room 408 City Hall.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
Was this page helpful?