John St. Croix
For release: August 17, 2012
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT AUGUST 16, 2012 MEETING
At its special meeting on August 16, 2012, the San Francisco Ethics Commission continued the hearing on the charges of official misconduct pending against Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi. The Commission took the following actions:
- Heard closing arguments from and asked questions of the parties;
- Received public comment on all issues related to the continuing special meeting from 103 persons;
- Considered the parties’ Joint Submission of Proposed Findings regarding Disputed Facts and their closing briefs;
- Deliberated and by a vote of 4-1, determined that the Commission
- Recommend that the Board of Supervisors sustain Counts 4 and 5 of the Amended Charges of Official Misconduct based upon the conduct that occurred on December 31, 2011 and the subsequent conviction for false imprisonment;
- Adopt all the interim rulings made by the Commission throughout the course of the proceedings; and
- Authorize the preparation of a summary document of the findings of the Commission, which will be reviewed and ratified by the Commission at a later meeting.
The Commission expects to hold a special meeting to ratify the contents of the summary. The time and place of the meeting will be announced in advance.
The Commission has cancelled its regular meeting of August 27, 2012. The next regular meeting of the Commission will be held on Monday, September 24, 2012 in Room 400 City Hall.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
S:\Commission\Meeting Summaries\2012\8.16.12 special.doc
Was this page helpful?