John St. Croix
For release: September 12, 2012
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT SEPTEMBER 11, 2012 MEETING
At its special meeting on September 11, 2012, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following actions:
- Considered the draft “Findings of Fact and Recommendation to the Board of Supervisors” regarding the charges of official misconduct relating to Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi:
- Discussed five possible amendments to the Findings of Fact;
- Discussed who should present the Ethics Commission’s findings and recommendation before the Board of Supervisors;
- Considered oral argument from counsel for the Sheriff;
- Received public comment from four members of the audience; and
- By a vote of 4-0, approved the draft Findings of Fact as amended.
- Considered and approved, by a vote of 4-0, the minutes of the special meetings of April 23, 2012; May 29, 2012; June 9, 2012; June 28, 2012; June 29, 2012; July 18, 2012; July 19, 2012; and August 16, 2012, as amended.
- The Commission also confirmed that the Sheriff’s Request for Continuance, filed with the Commission on September 10, 2012, raises a procedural issue that has been delegated to the Chair of the Commission to handle.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
S:\Commission\Meeting Summaries\2012\9.11.12 special.doc