Date: October 18, 2016
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
At its special meeting on October 17, 2016, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- Voted 5-0 to approve the draft minutes for its regular meeting of September 26, 2016, with minor amendments.
- Discussed and received public comment on the October 2016 Education and Compliance Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the October 2016 Enforcement & Legal Affairs Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the October 2016 Executive Director’s Report.
- Voted 3-2 (Commissioners Keane and Kopp dissenting) to approve a proposed settlement in Mark Farrell for District 2 Supervisor 2010, et al. v. City and County of San Francisco, et al. (S.F. Superior Court Case No. 16-551745) for a $25,000 payment by Supervisor Farrell and mutual release of legal claims. A copy of the signed settlement agreement will be posted to the Commission’s website.
Draft Minutes for the October 17, 2016 meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Monday, November 28, 2016 in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm.
For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting. We invite you to follow our work at www.sfethics.org.
Was this page helpful?