Date: February 28, 2017
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
At its regular meeting on February 27, 2017, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
• After receiving public comment, voted unanimously 5-0 to approve the draft minutes as amended for its regularly scheduled January 23, 2017 meeting.
• After receiving public comment, voted unanimously 5-0 to elect Commissioner Peter Keane as Chair of the Commission for the term beginning March 1, 2017 and ending February 28, 2018. The Commission also voted 5-0 to elect Daina Chiu as Vice-Chair.
• Discussed and received public comment regarding revisions proposed by Staff to the Ethics Commission’s Records Management Policy.
• Discussed and received public comment regarding the February 21, 2017 Education and Compliance Report.
• Discussed and received public comment regarding the February 21, 2017 Enforcement Report.
• Discussed and received public comment regarding the February 21, 2017 Executive Director’s Report.
• Received public comment and then voted unanimously 5-0 to assert attorney-client privilege and meet in closed session under Charter Section C3.699-13, Cal. Gov. Code Section 54956.9 and Sunshine Ordinance Section 67.10(d) to discuss anticipated litigation as plaintiff.
o Voted unanimously 5-0 to not disclose its closed session deliberations re: anticipated litigation.
• Discussed and received Commissioner requests for items for future Commission meeting agendas.
• Received no public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII Section 2.
Draft Minutes for the February 27, 2017 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Monday, March 27, 2017 in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.
Was this page helpful?