Date: June 27, 2017
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
Subject: Summary of Actions Taken and Matters Discussed at Ethics Commission’s June 26, 2017 Meeting
At its regular meeting on June 26, 2017, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- After receiving public comment, voted unanimously 4-0 to approve the draft minutes as amended for its regularly scheduled May 22, 2017 meeting.
- Continued discussion and received public comment on Staff’s June 22, 2017 report regarding the Proposition J Revision Project.
- Voted 2-2 (Kopp and Keane voting “aye” and Chiu and Renne voting “no”) on motion by Commissioner Kopp to request a Charter amendment change to obtain independent counsel for the Ethics Commission. Motion failed due to lack of members voting in the majority.
- Discussed and received public comment on Staff’s June 22, 2017 Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the Executive Director’s June 22, 2017 Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on Commissioner Kopp’s suggestion that the Commission develop a policy, either by law or regulation, that no San Francisco Commissioner can vote on matters before them unless they have filed their Form 700 Statements of Economic Interest.
- Voted unanimously 4-0 to not go into closed session to discuss Agenda Item 9 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission.
- Received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII Section 2.
- Discussed and received public comment on items for future meetings.
Draft Minutes for the June 26, 2017 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Monday, August 28, 2017, in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.
Was this page helpful?