Monday, December 24, 2018
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:05 pm. With Commissioners Chiu, Kopp, Ambrose, and Renne in attendance, a quorum of members was present. Commissioner Lee was not present and had an excused absence.
- Under Item 2, received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Approved two matters on its Consent Calendar:
- Agenda Item 3 – Draft Minutes for the Ethics Commission’s November 16, 2018 regular meeting.
- Agenda Item 4 – Regular Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2019.
- Chair Chiu noted that Commissioner Lee was unable to attend today’s meeting and had requested that Item 5 be put over to the January meeting. After receiving public comment on Item 5, draft ordinances regarding the public financing program, the Commission voted 4-0 to continue the item to the January agenda.
- Heard a brief Staff presentation and received public comment on Item 6, recommendations regarding amendments to campaign finance and conflict of interest regulations. No action was taken as the item was presented for informational purposes and will be considered for possible action at the January meeting.
- Heard a brief Staff presentation and received public comment on Item 7, the Staff’s monthly Policy Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Heard a brief Staff presentation and received public comment on Item 8, the Staff’s monthly Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Discussed and received public comment on Item 9, the Executive Director’s monthly report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Received public comment on Item 10 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission. The Commission had no discussion and took no action on the item.
- Under Item 11, received a request by Commissioner Kopp to initiate a preliminary review of a matter recently reported in the media. Provided the opportunity for public comment and none was received.
- Received public comment on items not appearing on the Agenda under Item 12.
- Chair Chiu conveyed wishes for a Happy Holiday Season to all on behalf of the Commission.
- Unanimously (4-0) approved a motion by Vice Chair Kopp and seconded by Commissioner Renne to adjourn the meeting and adjourned at 2:57 p.m.
Draft Minutes for the December 21, 2018, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, January 18, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.