April 12, 2021
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:37 am. With Vice Chair Yvonne Lee and Commissioners James Bell, Daina Chiu, and Larry Bush in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Bell was excused from the meeting from 9:54 am to 11:20 am.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Items 3 and 4, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s February 12, 2021 regular meeting and the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s March 12, 2021 regular meeting and unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Vice Chair Lee, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve the minutes.
- Under Item 5, discussed the request for waiver of SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code section 3.224(a) compensated advocacy prohibition for Commissioner Ruchira Nageswaran and unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Bush to approve a limited waiver.
- Under Item 6, discussed the request for waiver of SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code section 3.234(a)(2) post-employment restriction for Aaron Hyland and unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Vice Chair Lee and seconded by Chair Ambrose to approve a limited waiver.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, adjourned the meeting at 11:26 am.
Draft Minutes for the April 9, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, May 14, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.