January 14, 2022
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Meeting was called to order at approximately 9:57 a.m. With all Commissioners in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Chair Lee welcomed the Commission’s newest Commissioner, Theis Finlev, who was appointed to the Commission by the City Attorney in December.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, discussed the process for approving Draft Minutesfor the December 10, 2021 meeting. Following discussion and an initial vote on a motion to approve the minutes by Commissioner Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Bell in which Commissioner Finlev had abstained, rescinded the initial vote (Bush/Lee, 5-0) and on a subsequent motion by Commissioner Chiu and seconded by Chair Lee approved the minutes unanimously (5-0).
- Under Item 4, unanimously (5-0), adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu, seconded by Commissioner Bush, to approve a Resolution on Continuation of Remote Commission Meetings.
- Under Item 5, discussed an Ethics Commission Regular Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2022 and unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Bush, to adopt the proposed meeting calendar with an amended start time for the January 21, 2022 special meeting changed to begin at 10:00a.m. rather than 9:30 a.m.
- Under Item 6, received public comment on and discussed a possible June 2022 ballot measureand regulation amendments to enact recommendations contained in “Report on Gift Laws Part A: Gifts to Individuals,” dated August 2, 2021, “Report on Gift Laws Part B: Gifts to City Departments,” dated September 29, 2021, and “Report to Strengthen Essential Ethics Provisions,” dated December 6, 2021. The Commission took no action on the item as a required meet-and-confer process with the City’s Municipal Executives Association was not yet completed
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. The Executive Director also announced the appointment of Patrick Ford as Director of Enforcement. Ford currently leads the Commission’s Policy Division as Senior Policy and Legislative Affairs Counsel and will assume the Enforcement Director role on a permanent basis effective February 7th. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 9, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 10, adjourned the meeting at 1:15 p.m.
Meeting agendas and materials are available at https://sfethics.org/ethics/category/agendas.
Draft Minutes for the January 14, 2022 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is a Special Meeting scheduled for Friday, January 21, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. The next Regular Meeting of the Commission is scheduled for Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.
Was this page helpful?