Contact: For release:
Mabel Ng May 12, 2004
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT ETHICS COMMISSION MAY MEETING
At its regular meeting on
May 10, 2004
, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- Adopted regulations to implement various provisions of the Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code, including:
- section 3.202 (related to construction of the City’s conflict of interest laws);
- section 3.212 (related to decisions involving family members);
- section 3.216 (related to gifts from restricted sources);
- section 3.220 (related to the prohibition on dual office holding);
- section 3.224 (related to compensated advocacy); and
- section 3.226 (related to referrals).
The next regular meeting of the Ethics Commission will be
June 14, 2004
. The Commission anticipates consideration of:
- a tabled regulation interpreting 3.230 (related to political activity);
- the Executive Director search; and
- expedited enforcement procedures for failure to file campaign reports.
– – – – – – –
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program and whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
Was this page helpful?