Contact: For release:
June 15, 2004
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT ETHICS COMMISSION MAY MEETING
At its regular meeting on
June 14, 2004, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- Approved a roll-over of the current Ethics Whistleblower Hotline to the coming 554-CITY Controller’s Whistleblower Complaints Hotline;
- Adopted a regulation to implement section 3.230 of the Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code, related to prohibition on political activities;
- Discussed the Commission’s current advice procedure;
- Adopted regulations to implement a streamlined enforcement program for committees that continue to fail to file campaign finance reports after receiving specific written notice.
- Approved a letter to the Mayor and the Board of Supervisors, with a copy to members of the State Legislation Committee, to urge no further reductions in the budget of the Fair Political Practices Commission; and
- Adopted a draft version of the Statement of Incompatible Activities for the members and staff of the Ethics Commission.
The next regular meeting of the Ethics Commission will be July 12, 2004.
– – – – – – –
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program and whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.