Contact: For release:
John St. Croix
February 15, 2005
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT FEBRUARY 14, 2005 MEETING
At its regular meeting on
February 14, 2005
, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- Received public comment from candidates who participated in the Public Finance program in the November 2004 election as well as candidates who expressed interest in participating but ultimately did not.
- Adopted a proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2005/2006 to submit to the Mayor which will include a report of future year budget plans and long-term strategies.
- Considered but postponed action on electioneering communications legislation sponsored by Supervisor Maxwell et al requiring disclosure of payments and sponsorship of electioneering communications (written and spoken).
- Received a 6-month report on the Streamlined Enforcement Program.
- Elected Commissioner Gusukuma as Chair for the next year and Commissioner McCoy as Vice-Chair.
The next Ethics Commission meeting will be held on
Monday, March 14, 2005
– – – – – – –
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.