For release: February 28, 2006
Contact: John St. Croix (415) 581-2300
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT FEBRUARY 28, 2006 MEETING
At a special meeting on February 27, 2006, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following action:
- Voted 4-0 to grant a waiver from Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 3.234 (post-employment restriction) to former Deputy City Attorney Barbara Selby.
- Entered into settlement agreements to resolve five complaints regarding individuals and/or entities that failed to timely file required campaign finance disclosure statements.
- Dismissed one complaint against a former candidate.
- Adopted a budget for Fiscal Year 2006-2007 to submit to the Mayor.
- Adopted with amendments the San Francisco Ethics Commission Annual Report FY 2004-2005.
- Approved with amendments the minutes of the meetings of January 9, 2006 and January 23, 2006.
The Commission will hold its next monthly meeting on March 21, 2006 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 408 City Hall.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.