John St. Croix
For release: June 25, 2013
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT JUNE 24, 2013 REGULAR MEETING
At its regular meeting on June 24, 2013, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following actions:
- On Ethics Complaint No. 02-120402, based on a request for a continuance by Complainant, by a vote of 5-0, continued possible action on the matter to the Commission’s September 23, 2013 meeting – no further continuances will be granted on this matter absent a good cause showing by either side.
- On Ethics Complaint No. 01-130307, by a vote of 5-0, found that City Librarian Luis Herrera did not violate the Sunshine Ordinance because the 150-word summaries submitted by Complainant and others were included in the minutes of the Library Commission’s meetings, as required under Administrative Code section 67.16.
- On Ethics Complaint No. 02-130307,
- By a vote of 5-0, found that Respondent Kate Patterson/San Francisco Arts Commission failed to respond in a timely manner to an immediate disclosure request from Complainant;
- By a vote of 5-0, found that Respondent Kate Patterson/San Francisco Arts Commission, by not providing appropriate notice and justification, failed to comply with Sunshine Ordinance section 67.26 in making their redactions on the speaker cards requested by Complainant;
- By a vote of 5-0, found that Respondent Kate Patterson/San Francisco Arts Commission met their burden of establishing that the redacted records need not be publicly disclosed in an unredacted fashion;
- By a vote of 5-0, found that Respondent Kate Patterson/San Francisco Arts Commission met their burden of establishing that there was no willful failure to comply with the Sunshine Ordinance.
- By a vote of 5-0, approved a draft Contributor Guide to Local Laws Governing Campaign Contributions.
The next regular meeting of the Commission will be held on Monday, July 22, 2013 in Room 400 City Hall.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
Was this page helpful?