Nature of Contract
- On-site eligibility workers screen all referred unsponsored medical Acute admissions by San Francisco General Hospital Eligibility Staff and all acute Psych admissions for Medi-Cal and other federal, state and local health care programs.
- Secure authorization to represent the patient and complete Medi-Cal applications and/or any other new federal, state, and local programs, i.e. those under the Affordable Care Act. Including the referrals for undocumented Aliens.
- Represent the patient in Fair Hearings or all other State or legal appeals proceedings, if applications are denied.
- Appeal Medi-Cal Field office or other Pre-Treatment Authorization program denials for care.
- Investigate possible third party liability or Workers Compensation reimbursement. File liens to protect the City and County’s interest whenever appropriate or possible.
Date Contract Approved
September 19, 2014
Was this page helpful?