Contact: John St. Croix, (415) 252-3100
For release: June 30, 2015
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT JUNE 29, 2015 SPECIAL MEETING
At its special meeting on June 29, 2015, the San Francisco Ethics Commission took the following actions:
- Conducted a discussion and received public comment regarding draft regulations for electronic filing and website posting of Statements of Economic Interests (FPPC Form 700s).
- By a vote of 5-0, approved, with certain amendments, Commissioner Keane’s proposal to place on the November 3, 2015 ballot a measure regulating expenditure lobbyists.
- By a vote of 5-0, approved the Commission’s responses to the 2014-2015 Civil Grand Jury report, “San Francisco’s Whistleblower Protection Ordinance is in Need of Change.”
- By a vote of 4-1 (Keane dissenting), held that Phil Ginsburg did not violate San Francisco Administrative Code section 67.26, as alleged in Ethics Complaint No. 10-15033, which was referred from the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force to the Ethics Commission on March 30, 2015.
- By a vote of 5-0, approved engaging the search firm Alliance Resource Consulting for the Executive Director recruitment process.
- By a vote of 5-0, approved a Stipulation, Decision and Order and a penalty of $2,500 with respect to Ethics Complaint No. 12-141110. The Respondents in that matter, Supervisor Jane Kim and the “Jane Kim for Supervisor 2014” committee, used campaign funds for purposes other than Supervisor Kim’s candidacy, in violation of the San Francisco Campaign Finance Reform Ordinance. A copy of the Stipulation, Decision and Order will be posted to the Commission’s website.
The next regular meeting of the Commission will be held on Monday, August 24, 2015 in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm. The Commission’s regular meeting in July is cancelled.
The Ethics Commission, established in November 1993, serves the public, City employees and officials and candidates for public office through education and enforcement of ethics laws. Its duties include: filing and auditing of campaign finance disclosure statements, lobbyist and campaign consultant registration and regulation, administration of the public financing program, whistleblower program, conflict of interest reporting, investigations and enforcement, education and training, advice giving and statistical reporting.
Was this page helpful?