Date: March 28, 2017
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
At its regular meeting on March 27, 2017, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- After receiving public comment, voted unanimously 4-0 to approve the draft minutes as amended for its regularly scheduled February 27, 2017 meeting.
- Discussed and received public comment on the Ethics Commission’s staff report on public financing in the 2016 City elections.
- Discussed and received public comment on the Ethics Commission’s staff proposed revised method for selecting campaign audits for the 2016 election cycle.
- Discussed and received public comment on a legislative proposal by Commission Chair Keane to restore certain contribution-related restrictions contained in Proposition J, which was approved by voters in November 2000.
- Discussed and received public comment on staff’s March 22, 2017 Education and Compliance report.
- Discussed and received public comment on staff’s March 22, 2017 Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the March 22, 2017 Executive Director’s Report.
- Discussed and invited public comment on whether to meet in closed session regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission, and took no action to enter into closed session.
- Discussed and took no action on items for future meetings.
- Received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII Section 2.
Draft Minutes for the March 27, 2017 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Monday, April 24, 2017 in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.