Candidates and committees in San Francisco are required to file fundraising and expenditure reports with the Ethics Commission. The first pre-election campaign filing deadline for the June 2018 election was on April 26, 2018, and the latest campaign committee reports are in. Use the tools provided by the Ethics Commission to explore the financial statements behind the 2018 elections:
Campaign Finance Data Visualizations
Explore interactive charts and graphs to learn about 2018 campaign finance activity. Visualizations include:
- Candidate & ballot measure committee summary financials
- Cash balances and debt
- Contributor maps
- Itemized contributions
- Public financing disbursements
- Third-party spending
- Individual Expenditure Ceilings
Campaign Committee Statements
Review all campaign finance statements filed by committees on the Commission’s Public Portal page.
- Search financial statements by candidate name, committee name, ballot measure, Filer ID or filing date range
- Use the Advanced Search to quickly find contributions and expenditures across multiple statements
Campaign Finance Datasets
Research campaign finance data in a tabular form via SF OpenData.
- View data in a spreadsheet format
- Download datasets in a variety of data formats
- Save search criteria
- Build and save your own maps, charts and graphs
- Integrate campaign data with other City datasets
Application Programming Interface
Connect your application to the Commission’s open data web services to access campaign finance data for your project.
- Query data using the SODA API
- Analyze campaign finance activity using third-party research tools
- Create your own application to directly access the Commission’s datasets
Was this page helpful?