Monday, July 1, 2019
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 1:32 pm. With Vice-Chair Noreen Ambrose and Commissioners Yvonne Lee and Fern M. Smith in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Lateef Gray was unable to attend the meeting and had an excused absence.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Chair Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Lee to approve the Consent Calendar, which included the following items:
- Draft Minutes of the Commission’s May 29, 2019 regular meeting;
- Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Jane Kim and Jane Kim for Supervisor 2014 (SFEC Complaint No. 28-151015); and
- Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Ian Kalin for School Board 2016 (SFEC Complaint No. 1718-066).
- Under Item 6, the Commission continued a hearing and discussion of the Staff’s Enforcement Process Improvements Review so that Commissioner Gray would be able to participate in the discussion at the Commission’s next meeting on July 31, 2019.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 10, regarding items for future meetings, no items were discussed and no action was taken.
- Under Item 11, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 12, adjourned the meeting at 2:43 pm.
Draft Minutes for the June 28, 2019, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is Friday, July 31, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.