November 18, 2019
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:01 pm. With Vice-Chair Noreen Ambrose, and Commissioners Yvonne Lee and Fern M. Smith in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Lateef Gray was not in attendance and had an excused absence.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Vice-Chair Ambrose, seconded by Chair Chiu, to approve the Consent Calendar of the following items:
- Item 3, Draft Minutes of the Commission’s October 18, 2019 regular meeting.
- Unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Chair Chiu, seconded by Vice-Chair Ambrose, to continue Item 4, the Show Cause Hearing In the Matter ofRay Hartz v. President Norman Yee, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force File No. 19042, until the next regularly scheduled Commission meeting because one of the parties had a family emergency.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed an informational presentationon the Commission’s jurisdiction over whistleblower protection. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, the Commission heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, regarding items for future meetings, no items were discussed and no action was taken.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, adjourned the meeting at 3:57 pm.
Draft Minutes for the November 15, 2019, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, December 20, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.