This notice is to inform you that effective December 4, 2019, the following SFEC Forms will be required to be filed electronically via the Ethics Commission’s Netfile software or a compatible third-party reporting product:
- SFEC-161 – Itemized Disclosure Statement for Mass Mailings
- SFEC-162 – Electioneering Communications Report
- SFEC-163 – Member Communication Report
Furthermore, the Ethics Commission will require filers submitting the new electronic SFEC forms listed above and FPPC Form 496 – 24-hour Independent Expenditure Report to electronically submit copies of associated advertisements pursuant to Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Section 1.161(b) (e.g., mass mailing communication, print advertisement; video and audio advertisement including transcripts) via the Ethics Commission’s Netfile software or a compatible third-party reporting product.
The Ethics Commission has prepared guidelines describing the electronic formatting specifications that represent the minimum and suggested quality for media submission to ensure communications are clear and legible and will successfully transmit to the Ethics Commission.
Tips to remember (effective December 4, 2019):
- Paper submissions of Forms 161, 162 and 163 will no longer be accepted.
- Media submissions for Forms 496, 161, 162 and 163 must be attached to the corresponding filing within the Netfile system or a compatible third-party system.
- Provide media specifications to third-party print/audio/media vendors in advance to avoid filing delays.
For questions related to third-party software support, please contact your software vendor. Should you have any other questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or 415-252-3100. We will be happy to assist you.