December 23, 2019
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:01 pm. With Vice-Chair Noreen Ambrose, and Commissioners Fern M. Smith and Lateef Gray in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Yvonne Lee was not in attendance and had an excused absence.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar of Items 3, 4 and 5, unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Vice-Chair Ambrose, seconded by Commissioner Smith, to approve the following items:
- Item 3, Draft Minutes of the Commission’s November 15, 2019 regular meeting;
- Item 4, Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of the Coalition for San Francisco Neighborhoods(SFEC Complaint No. 1617-056); and
- Item 5, Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Affordable Housing for All, Yes on D (SFEC Complaint No. 1718-134A).
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed proposed Amendments to Regulations Related to Article I, Chapter I of the Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code. Unanimously adopted a motion by Chair Chiu and seconded by Vice-Chair Ambrose to accept a series of amendments to the regulations as proposed by Staff. Unanimously adopted a motion by Vice-Chair Ambrose and seconded by Commissioner Smith to adopt the regulations as amended.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed an informational report regarding possible elements in revising the Commission’s Fixed Penalty Policy. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report, including a presentation by staff from the City’s Bureau of Delinquent Revenue. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 10, discussed the Ethics Commission’s Regular Meeting Schedule and possible action to change its Regular Meeting Schedule for 2020. Commissioners expressed unanimous consensus to change the Commission’s Regular Meeting Schedule effective in April 2020 to the second Friday of each month beginning at 9:30 a.m. and to issue a notice of potential Bylaws change to that effect that will enable the Commission to adopt that new meeting schedule at its next meeting on January 17, 2020.
- Under Item 11, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 12, regarding items for future meetings, no action was taken.
- Under Item 13, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 14, adjourned the meeting at 4:25 pm.
Draft Minutes for the December 20, 2019, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, January 17, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.