February 24, 2020
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:01 pm. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee and Fern Smith and in attendance, a quorum was present. Vice-Chair Noreen Ambrose and Commissioner Lateef Gray had excused absences.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar, Item 3, continued discussion of the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s January 17, 2020 regular meeting.
- Under Item 4, heard a presentation by Staff on its budget overview dated February 14 for fiscal year 2021 and subsequent February 21 budget submission. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Policy report and heard a presentation by Staff on new laws and resources in place for 2020 elections following Public Financing Review Project. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the monthly February 14, 2020 Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, regarding items for future meetings, no action was taken.
- Under Item 9, on a motion by Chair Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Lee, voted unanimously to meet in closed session to discuss Yes on Prop. B, et al. v. City and County of San Francisco, U.S. Dist. Ct. N.D. Cal., Case No. 3:20-cv-00630, a matter of ongoing litigation. After returning from closed session, the Commission, on a motion by Chair Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Smith, voted unanimously not to disclose its closed session deliberations.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, adjourned the meeting at 4:36 pm.
Draft Minutes for the February 21, 2020 regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, March 20, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.