July 13, 2020
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:30 am. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee, Daina Chiu, Larry Bush, and Fern Smith in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, heard and discussed the monthly July 2, 2020 Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 4, heard and discussed the July 2, 2020 Budget Memorandum and unanimously (5-0) approved a motion by Commissioner Lee and seconded by Commissioner Chiu to request that Commissioners Ambrose and Lee transmit a letter regarding the Commission’s budget to the Board of Supervisors.
- Under its Consent Calendar of Items 5 through 9, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Smith, seconded by Commissioner Lee, to approve the following items:
- Item 5, Draft Minutes of the Commission’s January 17, 2020 regular meeting;
- Item 6, Draft Minutes of the Commission’s February 21, 2020 regular meeting;
- Item 7, Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Aaron Peskin for Supervisor 2016, Aaron Peskin, and Stacy Owens (SFEC Complaint No. 1516-37A);
- Item 8, Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Keep San Francisco Affordable, Support by Tenant and Housing Advocates, and Jennifer Fieber (SFEC Complaint No. 1516-43, 1718-24); and
- Item 9, Proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order In the Matter of Marjan Philhour for Supervisor 2016, Marjan Philhour, and Stacy Owens (SFEC Complaint No. 1617-082).
- Under Item 10, unanimously (5-0) approved a motion by Chair Ambrose and seconded by Commissioner Smith to grant a limited compensated advocacy waiver to Yakuh Askew.
- Under Item 11, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Policy report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 12, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 13, regarding items for future meetings, no action was taken.
- Under Item 14, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 15, adjourned the meeting at 4:03 pm.
Draft Minutes for the July 10, 2020 regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, August 14, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.