October 9, 2020
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:36 am. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee, Daina Chiu, Larry Bush, and Fern Smith in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar of Items 3 and 4, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve the revised Draft Minutes of the Commission’s August 14, 2020 regular meeting and the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s September 11, 2020 regular meeting.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed presentation by Controller’s Office on the Controller’s September 24, 2020 Report, Preliminary Assessment: Gifts to Departments Through Non-City Organizations Lack Transparency and Create “Pay-to-Play” Risk. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Policy report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Having previously informed the Chair of a scheduling conflict, Commissioner Chiu excused herself from the meeting at 12:30 pm.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, adjourned the meeting at 12:54 pm.
Draft Minutes for the October 9, 2020 regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, November 13, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.