May 14, 2021
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:34 am. With Vice Chair Yvonne Lee and Commissioners Daina Chiu and Larry Bush in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Bell joined the meeting at 9:58 am.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s April 9, 2021 regular meeting and unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Chair Ambrose, seconded by Vice Chair Lee, to approve the minutes as presented.
- Under Item 4, heard and discussed a presentation by the Controller’s Office on April 14, 2021 report, “Preliminary Assessment: Refuse Rate-Setting Process Lacks Transparency and Timely Safeguards” and unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Chair Ambrose, seconded by Commissioner Bush, to transmit a letter to the Mayor and Board of Supervisors endorsing the Controller’s recommendations. Unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Chair Ambrose, to request that Staff and the City Attorney’s office provide information about Paul Giusti’s participation on City boards and commissions.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed a presentation by Staff on Staff’s report entitled “Report on San Francisco’s Public Campaign Financing Program: November 3, 2020 Election.”
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed the Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 9, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 10, adjourned the meeting at 12:33 p.m.
Draft Minutes for the May 14, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, June 11, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.