January 21, 2022
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Meeting was called to order at approximately 10:09 a.m. With all Commissioners in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, unanimously (5-0) approved a motion to by Commissioner Finlev and seconded by Commissioner Chiu to meet in closed session to conduct a conference with Department of Human Resources labor negotiators regarding the draft ballot measure and regulation amendments being considered by the Commission. After returning from closed session, unanimously (5-0) approved a motion to by Commissioner Bell and seconded by Chair Lee not to disclose what was discussed in closed session.
- Under Item 4, received public comment on and discussed a possible June 2022 ballot measureand regulation amendments to enact recommendations contained in “Report on Gift Laws Part A: Gifts to Individuals,” dated August 2, 2021, “Report on Gift Laws Part B: Gifts to City Departments,” dated September 29, 2021, and “Report to Strengthen Essential Ethics Provisions,” dated December 6, 2021. The Commission took no action on the item as a required meet-and-confer process with the City’s Municipal Executives Association was not yet completed
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed a staff presentation on a proposed budget for the Commission. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 7, adjourned the meeting at 1:16 p.m.
Meeting agendas and materials are available at https://sfethics.org/ethics/category/agendas.
Draft Minutes for the January 21, 2022 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Commission is scheduled for Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.
Was this page helpful?