August 29, 2017
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
Subject: Summary of Actions Taken and Matters Discussed at Ethics Commission’s
August 28, 2017 Meeting
At its regular meeting on August 28, 2017, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- After receiving public comment, voted 4-0 to allow just-appointed Commissioner Yvonne Lee to recuse herself from action items on agenda.
- Discussed and received public comment on matters appearing on not appearing on the agenda.
- After receiving public comment, voted 4-0 (with Commissioner Lee recusing) to approve the draft minutes as presented for its regularly scheduled June 26, 2017 meeting.
- Discussed and received public comment on Ethics Commission Annual Policy Plan as revised for FY17-18 and presented in Staff Policy Report.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, voted 4-0 (with Commissioner Lee excused from the meeting) to continue to its next meeting on September 25, 2017, possible action on Staff’s recommendation to adopt the 2017 San Francisco Anti-Corruption and Accountability Ordinance that builds on the initial Proposition J Revision proposal and amends City campaign and government conduct laws (SF Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Articles I and III).
- After discussion and receiving public comment, voted 4-0 to amend Staff’s proposed ordinance to amend the Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code to disqualify members of City boards and commissions who have not filed their Form 700s from participating in or voting on certain matters, and voted 4-0 to adopt the proposed ordinance as amended.
- Discussed and received public comment on Staff’s preliminary proposals to strengthen Commission’s Enforcement Regulations.
- Discussed and received public comment on the August 24, 2017 Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the August 24, 2017 Executive Director’s Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the Commission’s decision to not go into closed session to discuss Agenda Item 10 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission.
- Received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII Section 2.
- Discussed and received public comment on items for future meetings.
Draft Minutes for the August 28, 2017 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Monday, September 25, 2017, in Room 400 of City Hall at 5:30 pm. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.