Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
Subject: Summary of Actions Taken and Matters Discussed at Ethics Commission’s February 16, 2018 Meeting
- At its regular meeting on February 16, 2018, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- Discussed and received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- After providing the opportunity for public comment, voted unanimously to approve the draft minutes for its January 19, 2018 regular meeting.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, voted 4 to 1 (Motion sustained) to approve the Anti-Corruption and Accountability Ordinance provided in Attachment 1 of the Staff report dated February 14, 2018, with minor amendments; voted 3 to 2 (Motion failed) to transmit the Ordinance as amended to the Department of Elections for inclusion on the June 5, 2018, election ballot; and voted 3 to 1 (Motion sustained) to recommend inclusion of some of the amendments associated with Supervisor Aaron Peskin’s proposal, which was provided in Attachment 3 of the Staff report, to the Board of Supervisors to be considered at a joint meeting of the Commission and the Board at a later date.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, continued the discussion of amendments to the Whistleblower Protection Ordinance to the March 16, 2018, meeting.
- Discussed and received public comment on the February 13, 2018, Staff report regarding online paid political communications.
- After discussion and receiving public comment on the Commission’s planned and pending policy projects as detailed in the Annual Policy Report, voted unanimously to proceed as outlined in the report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the February 13, 2018, Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the February 14, 2018, Executive Director’s Report.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment then voted unanimously to not go into closed session to discuss Agenda Item 10 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on possible items for future meetings.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII, Section 2.
- Adjourned at 8:22 p.m.
Draft Minutes for the February 16, 2018, Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, March 16, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.