Contact: LeeAnn Pelham, Executive Director (415) 252-3100
Subject: Summary of Actions Taken and Matters Discussed at Ethics Commission’s March 16, 2018 Meeting
At its regular meeting on March 16, 2018, with Commissioners Daina Chiu, Quentin Kopp, and Yvonne Lee present, and Commissioner Renne not present due to an excused absence, the San Francisco Ethics Commission discussed the following matters and took the following actions:
- Acting Chair Daina Chiu recognized the service and contribution of former Chair Peter Keane, who resigned from the Commission in February.
- Discussed and received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- After discussion, continued action on its annual election of a Chair and Vice-Chair until its April 20, 2018 regular meeting when all commissioners can be present.
- After providing the opportunity for public comment, voted unanimously to continue action on draft minutes for the February 16, 2018 regular meeting to its April 20, 2018 regular meeting.
- After discussion and providing the opportunity for public comment, voted unanimously 3-0 to approve the amended Statement of Incompatible Activities for the Department of Public Works.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, took no action to amend to the Whistleblower Protection Ordinance it had previously acted on at its January 19, 2018 regular meeting.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, continued discussion of legislation to create independent legal counsel for the Commission to its April 20, 2018 regular meeting.
- After discussion and receiving public comment, took no action on its planned and pending policy projects as detailed in the monthly Staff Policy Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the March 12, 2018 Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on the March 12, 2018 Executive Director’s Report.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment then voted unanimously to go into closed session to discuss Agenda Item 11 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission. Resumed into open session and voted 3-0 to not disclose information about matters discussed in closed session.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on possible items for future meetings.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII, Section 2.
- Adjourned at 5:05 p.m.
Draft Minutes for the March 16, 2018, Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next regular meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, April 20, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at (415) 252-3100.