Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:05 p.m. and the roll was called.
- With Commissioners Ambrose, Chiu, Kopp and Renne in attendance, a quorum of members was present. Commissioner Lee was not present and had an excused absence.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda under Agenda Item 2. The Commission received public comment from Sonja Trauss, who stated she would be appealing a determination that she had not qualified for eligibility for public financing in the November 2018 election. The Commission received additional public comment on the City’s public financing system.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on its Consent Calendar and received no public comment. Consent Calendar Item 3, Draft Minutes for the Commission’s April 3, 2018 special joint meeting with the Board of Supervisors on the Anti-Corruption and Accountability Ordinance, and Item 4, Draft Minutes for the Commission’s May 7, 2018 special meeting, were thereby approved without discussion.
- After a presentation by Staff and comment by Respondent’s Counsel, approved a Motion (Renne/Ambrose) by a vote of 3-1 (with Kopp in the dissent) to accept the Staff recommendation and adopt the proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order in the Matter of Olson Lee (Ethics Commission Case No. 1617-99) as presented in Agenda Item 5.
- After a presentation by Staff, Commission discussion, and public comment on the proposed Policy Prioritization Plan for Fiscal Year 2019, approved a Motion (Chiu/Renne) by a vote of 3-1 (with Kopp in the dissent) to adopt the top three policy items as proposed in the June 8, 2018 Staff memorandum as presented in Agenda Item 6.
- Discussed and received public comment on Agenda Item 7, the June 8, 2018 monthly Policy Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on Agenda Item 8, the June 8, 2018, monthly Enforcement Report.
- Discussed and received public comment on Agenda Item 9, the June 8, 2018 Executive Director’s Report.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on Agenda Item 10 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission. The Commission then voted unanimously on a motion (Kopp/Renne) to go into closed session for discussion and possible action on Item 10.
- Entered closed session.
- The Commission resumed its meeting in open session and unanimously approved a Motion (Renne/Ambrose) to not disclose information about what was discussed in closed session.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on possible items for future meetings.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda pursuant to Ethics Commission Bylaws Article VII, Section 2, and received no public comment.
- Unanimously approved a motion (Renne/Kopp) to adjourn the meeting and adjourned at 4:31 pm.
Draft Minutes for the June 8, 2018, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting.
The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, July 20, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
Please note that the Regular Ethics Commission Meeting scheduled for Friday, August 17, 2018 at 2:00 pm has been cancelled. A separate meeting cancellation notice will be posted and distributed under separate cover.