Monday, September 24, 2018
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:07 p.m. and called the roll. With Commissioners Ambrose, Chiu, and Renne in attendance, a quorum of members was present. Commissioners Kopp and Lee joined the meeting in progress.
- Received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda under Item 2.
- Under the Consent Calendar, voted 3-0 (Kopp and Lee not yet present) to approve Item 3, the draft minutes of the Commission’s July 20, 2018 regular meeting.
- Noting Commissioner Kopp had requested Item 4 be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion, Chair Chiu stated Item 4 would be taken up when Commissioner Kopp was present and then called Item 5.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on Item 5, the proposed 2018 biennial Conflict of Interest Code update for Ethics Commission. Voted 3-0 (Kopp and Lee not yet present) to approve the update as proposed in the staff memorandum.
- Discussed and received public comment on Item 6, proposed Advice and Opinion Regulations. After discussion, action on the item was continued to the Commission’s next regular meeting in October.
- Commissioner Kopp joined the meeting at 2:18 pm.
- Commissioner Lee joined the meeting at 2:41 pm.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on Item 4, a proposed Stipulation, Decision, and Order in the Matter of Quentin Mecke (Ethics Commission Complaint No 27-151015) for violations of the City’s campaign consultant ordinance (SF Campaign & Governmental Code Sec. 1.510). With all members present, voted 4-1 to approve the proposed settlement, with Commissioner Kopp in the dissent.
- Discussed and received public comment on Item 7, the Staff’s monthly Policy Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Discussed and provided the opportunity for public comment on Item 8, the Staff’s monthly Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Discussed and received public comment on Item 9, the Executive Director’s Report for September.
- Provided the opportunity for public comment on Item 10 and then voted to 5-0 to enter closed session for discussion. The Commission then entered closed session.
- After returning into open session, provided opportunity for public comment and then voted 5-0 to maintain confidentiality of items discussed in closed session.
- Discussed possible items for future meetings under Item 11. No action taken.
- Received public comment on items not appearing on the Agenda under Agenda Item 12.
- Unanimously approved a motion to adjourn the meeting and adjourned at 4:07 pm.
Draft Minutes for the September 21, 2018, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, October 19, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.