Monday, March 18, 2019
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Chiu called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. With Vice-Chair Noreen Ambrose and Commissioners Yvonne Lee and Fern M. Smith in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Chair Chiu noted the March 5th resignation of Commissioner Quentin L. Kopp from the Ethics Commission. She conveyed her appreciation for his longtime public service to San Franciscans and for his service on the Ethics Commission.
- The Chair announced that the Commission’s April meeting has been rescheduled to Friday, April 12, 2019, in Room 416 City Hall, and noted it will begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Under Item 2, received public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar, unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Chair Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Smith to approve Item 3, Draft Minutes for the Ethics Commission’s February 15, 2019, regular meeting.
- Moving to items on its Non-Consent Calendar, heard and discussed a Staff presentation in Item 4 on a report required by San Francisco Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 1.156 on the use of public financing in 2018 elections. No action was taken on the item as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed a Staff presentation on the monthly Staff Policy Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed a Staff presentation on the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 7, heard and discussed an overview presentation by the Executive Director on the Ethics Commission’s budget request submitted for Fiscal Year 2020. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- On Item 8 regarding the status of complaints received or initiated by the Ethics Commission, the Commission had no discussion and took no action on the item.
- Under Item 9 regarding items for future meetings, no items were discussed and no action was taken.
- Under Item 10, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 11, unanimously (4-0) approved a motion by Commissioner Lee and seconded by Commissioner Smith to adjourn the meeting, and adjourned at 3:42 p.m.
Draft Minutes for the March 15, 2019, regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is Friday, April 12, 2019, at 1:30 p.m. in City Hall Room 416. For further information, please feel free to contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.