January 8, 2021
Contact: LeeAnn Pelham (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:37 am. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee, Daina Chiu, and Larry Bush in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Fern Smith had an excused absence.
- Chair Ambrose announced that Commissioner Smith has tendered her resignation from the Commission effective February 1, 2021. She thanked Commissioner Smith her for her service on behalf of the Commission.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s December 14, 2020 regular meeting and unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Lee, to approve the Draft Minutes, as amended.
- Under Item 4, heard a presentation on Staff’s proposed revision to Fixed Penalty Policy and new Streamlined Administrative Resolution Program process.
- Staff announced that two Interested Persons meetings to solicit public comment on the revised Policy and new Streamlined program have been rescheduled to Tuesday, January 26, 2021 from 12pm-1:30pm, and Thursday, January 28, 2021, from 3pm to 4:30pm.
- No action was taken on Item 4 as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report.
- The Director announced that a Special Meeting of the Ethics Commission will be scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2021, to receive public input on Ethics Commission departmental budget priorities for FY22 pursuant to Ordinance No. 294-19.
- The Commission discussed specific budget issues that may be highlighted in the January 21 Special Meeting notice.
- No action was taken on Item 5 as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 7, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 8, adjourned the meeting at 11:15 am.
Draft Minutes for the January 8, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. Following the Commission’s Special Meeting on budget priorities scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 9:30 a.m., the next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, February 12, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.