December 10, 2021
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Lee called the meeting to order at 9:38 With Commissioners Larry Bush and Daina Chiu in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner James Bell joined the meeting at 9:50 am.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 3, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s November 12 2021 regular meeting approved (4-0) a motion by Commissioner Bell, seconded by Commissioner Chiu to approve the minutes as drafted.
- Under Item 4, unanimously (4-0), adopted a motion by Chair Lee, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve a Resolution on Continuation of Remote Commission Meetings.
- Under Item 5, continued discussion to the Commission’s January 2022 meeting of the Ethics Commission Regular Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2022.
- Under Item 6, continued discussion to the Commission’s January 2022 meeting of a possible June 2022 ballot measure to prohibit certain City officials from soliciting behested payments from interested parties.
- Under Item 7, continued discussion to the Commission’s January 2022 meeting of a possible June 2022 ballot measure and regulation amendments to enact recommendations contained in “Report on Gift Laws Part A: Gifts to Individuals,” dated August 2, 2021, “Report on Gift Laws Part B: Gifts to City Departments,” dated September 29, 2021, and “Report to Strengthen Essential Ethics Provisions,” dated December 6, 2021
- Under Item 8, approved (3-1, with Commissioner Bell dissenting) a motion by Chair Lee and seconded by Commissioner Bell not to grant a waiver of SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code section 3.234(a)(2) post-employment restriction for Marisa Rodriguez.
- Under Item 9, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 10, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 11, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 12, adjourned the meeting at 1:23 p.m.
Meeting agendas and materials are available at https://sfethics.org/ethics/category/agendas.
Draft Minutes for the December 10, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, January 14, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.