Your Annual Form 700 Filing is Due by April 1, 2022
This notification is to inform you that Your Annual Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) is due no later than Friday, April 1, 2022.
The Political Reform Act requires certain officials, employees, and consultants who serve in positions designated in an agency’s conflict-of-interest code to disclose their financial interests as specified by their position’s disclosure category on a form called a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700).
The Form 700 provides necessary information to the public about an official’s personal financial interests to ensure that officials are making decisions in the best interest of the public and not enhancing their own personal finances. It serves as a reminder to the public official of potential conflicts of interest so the official can abstain from making or participating in governmental decisions that are deemed conflicts of interest.
Please remember that, except for deadlines that fall on Saturday, Sunday or an official state holiday, there is no provision in the law for an extension of a filing deadline. Late statements are subject to a $10 per day late fine.
How To File
Effective January 1, 2022, all persons occupying positions designated in the City’s Conflict of Interest Code are required to file their Form 700 statements in electronic format using the Ethics Commission‘s NetFile e-filing system.
If you received this notice, your NetFile account has been created. Follow the steps below to access your account:
- Create a password: If this will be your first time e-filing your Form 700 statement using NetFile, or you’ve lost your NetFile password, click here to Request a New Password.
- Your NetFile User E-mail Address is the e-mail address that received this notice and is generally your City-issued e-mail address.
- Enter your e-mail address and click “Submit.” Thereafter, an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions for selecting a system-generated password or creating one of your choosing. Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive the e-mail within a few minutes. Be sure to save your password in a safe place.
- If the system is unable to locate your account, please click here to request assistance.
- Login to NetFile: Proceed to the Ethics Commission’s Form 700 Filers Page.
- Click on “E-File Form 700” button to access the NetFile filer login screen.
- Enter your NetFile User E-mail Address and Password.
- Start your filing: In the “Filings to Complete” table, click the “check box” in the Create column next to “Fppc700 Annual” and click “Start Selected Document” button.
- Once logged in to your NetFile account, you will have access to instructional videos and resources to help you get started and complete your Form 700 statement.
- Your Form 700 cover page is pre-filled with the information entered when your account was created. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the form and submit your statement.
- When you start a filing, the system retains the information you’ve entered when you log out. If you are unable to complete your filing in one sitting, be sure to log out of the system. When you are ready to resume your filing, log back in and click “Edit” next to the filing in the Filings to Complete table .
What’s reported on your Annual Form 700?
- Based on requirements of your disclosure category:
- reportable investments and interests held during the previous 12-month calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31); and
- income (including loans, gifts, and travel payment) received during the previous 12-month calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31).
- Avoid over-reporting! Look up your disclosure category in the quick reference guide.
- Find important information about filing deadlines, reporting requirements, and more on the Ethics Commission’s Form 700 Home Page.
- For questions regarding your filing status, disclosure category, etc., contact your departmental filing officer.
For reporting-related questions, login assistance, and technical support, connect with Ethics Commission staff through the Ethics Commission’s Form 700 Support Portal.