To: Departmental Filing Officers:
cc: Department Heads
Subject: Departmental Action Required: Form 700 Non-Filers
This correspondence provides a final reminder to departmental filing officers from the Ethics Commission’s Engagement & Compliance Team regarding filers at your department who have not yet complied with the April 1, 2022, Annual Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) filing requirement. We ask that you review and complete the action items below by September 30, 2022, to avoid potential enforcement referrals.
Action Item 1:
- Review your departmental list of non-filers. These individuals are departmental filers who, according to our NetFile online filing system, have not yet submitted their 2022 Annual Form 700.
Action Item 2:
- Review 2022 Post-Annual Filing Deadline Procedures for any remaining applicable tasks and complete them by Friday, September 30. If you have questions about what might apply to you, please feel free to be in touch with our team.
Other Important Reminders:
- Ensure your departmental filing list stays accurate and up-to-date by updating filer information in the NetFile Admin System on a regular basis, especially when filers assume and leave office.
- Coordinate closely with your hiring managers and/or HR team to be informed timely of personnel changes such as promotions, transfers, acting and interim assignments, and resignations, that may also affect your list of designated filers
- Notify filers promptly of their filing requirements and deadlines.
- Remember to execute late filer procedures for all filing events: annual, assuming office, leaving office. For more info see our Filing Officer Manual, page 32.
- After two written attempts to obtain compliance, refer late filers to the Ethics Commission’s Enforcement Division. See Filing Officer Manual, page 32.
More information and resources for filing officers are available at the Ethics Commission’s website. As always, we encourage you to submit Form 700-related questions to the Ethics Commission’s Form 700 Portal for the most timely assistance.
Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.