On July 26, 2014, the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance was amended which included changing the definition of a lobbyist and the reporting of political contributions. When analyzing the electronic data, take note that the disclosure requirements were different between January 2010 to July 2014 and July 2014 to the present. For more information, see San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 2.100.
Contact and Expenditure Lobbyist data is stored on SF OpenData and is available through the Socrata Open Data API (SODA) protocol. SODA provides access to the data stored in the SF OpenData datasets. SF OpenData Datasets are updated once daily.
- SODA Documentation
- Lobbyist Filings Directory
- Lobbyist Directory
- Lobbyist Activity Directory
- Lobbyist Activity – Campaign Contributions
- Lobbyist Activity – Employments
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Activity Expenses
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Payments Received
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Contact of Public Officials
- Expenditure Lobbyist Activity – Payments to Influence
- Expenditure Lobbyist Activity – Total Payments
Assistance with the API
For additional assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or at 415-252-3100.