On July 26, 2014, the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance was amended which included changing the definition of a lobbyist and the reporting of political contributions. When analyzing the electronic data, take note that the disclosure requirements were different between January 2010 to July 2014 and July 2014 to the present. For more information, see San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 2.100.
The Lobbyist API provides application developers with access to download the contents of each lobbyist filing. The Netfile API provides live access to the Commission’s lobbyist database and always provides the most up-to-date information.
Documentation for the new Netfile API is under development.
- SODA API Documentation
- Lobbyist Filings Directory
- Lobbyist Directory
- Lobbyist Activity Directory
- Lobbyist Activity – Campaign Contributions
- Lobbyist Activity – Employments
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Activity Expenses
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Payments Received
- Contact Lobbyist Activity – Contact of Public Officials
- Expenditure Lobbyist Activity – Payments to Influence
- Expenditure Lobbyist Activity – Total Payments
Assistance with the API
For additional assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at email@example.com or at 415-252-3100.