The SFEDS secure access login requires a browser that supports SSL encryption. Images and style sheets (the web page design and graphics) transmitted from the SFEDS servers are not transmitted with SSL encryption. Browsers consider this to be "mixed content" from a secure and non-secure server. Some browsers such as Internet Explorer 8 will display a security notice notifying you that some of the content on the page that you are viewing is not being transmitted with SSL encryption. See the screenshot below:
Internet Explorer 8 will notify you of this every time you click a link in SFEDS. To disable the security warnings in Internet Explorer 8 that pertain to "mixed content", follow the instructions below.
- Open Internet Explorer 8.
- Click the "Tools" menu and select "Internet Options".
- Select the "Security" tab.
- Click "Custom Level…"
- Scroll down the list of options to "Display mixed content" and change the default setting of "Prompt" to "Enable".
- Click "OK" to close the window.
- Click "OK to close the "Internet Options" window.
- Close all of your Internet Explorer 8 windows and reopen the browser.
Please note that this will disable the security warning for any web site that you visit. You may wish to re-enable the security warning after using SFEDS.