February 12, 2021
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:35 am. With Commissioners James Bell, Daina Chiu, and Larry Bush in attendance, a quorum was present. Commissioner Yvonne Lee joined the meeting at 10:50 am.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Items 3 and 4, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s January 8, 2020 regular meeting and the January 21, 2021 special meeting and unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu, seconded by Commissioner Bush, to approve the Draft Minutes, as amended.
- Under Item 5, discussed Proposed Stipulation, Decision and Order In the Matter of Dante King(SFEC Complaint No. 1819-078) and approved (4-1) a motion by Chair Ambrose and seconded by Commissioner Chiu to approve the stipulation.
- Under Item 6, unanimously approved (5-0) a motion by Commissioner Lee and seconded by Commissioner Bush to elect Chair Ambrose to a second term as chair of the Commission, and unanimously approved (5-0) a motion by Chair Ambrose and seconded by Commissioner Chiu to elect Commissioner Lee to a second term as vice-chair of the Commission.
- Under Item 7 heard and discussed a Presentation by the Controller’s Office on their January 11, 2021 report, “Preliminary Assessment: Ethical Standards for Contract Award Processes of the Airport Commission and Other Commissions and Boards.” No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the Ethics Commission budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2022 that begins July 1, 2021. On a motion by Commissioner Bush and seconded by Commissioner Chiu, voted unanimously (5-0) to approve the Executive Director’s budget proposal. On a motion by Chair Ambrose and seconded by Commissioner Lee, voted unanimously (5-0) to continue work on a statement of opposition to the Mayor’s budget instructions.
- Under Item 9, discussed the revised Fixed Penalty Policy and Streamlined Administrative Resolution Program and approved unanimously (5-0) a motion by Commissioner Chiu and seconded by Commissioner Bell to approve Staff’s proposal.
- Continued Item 10, the Staff Policy Report, to the March meeting.
- Under Item 11, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 12, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 13, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 14, adjourned the meeting at 2:46 pm.
Draft Minutes for the February 12, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, March 12, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.