July 9, 2021
Contact: Patrick Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:32 am. With Commissioners Daina Chiu, Larry Bush, and James Bell in attendance, a quorum was present. Vice Chair Lee joined the meeting at 10:07 am.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Items 3 and 4, discussed the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s June 11, 2021 regular meeting and a stipulation, In the Matter of Yes on Proposition C – Universal Childcare in San Francisco, Norman Yee, and Nancy Warren (SFEC Complaint No. 1718-128), and unanimously (4-0) approved a motion by Commissioner Bell, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve the two items as presented.
- Under Item 5, discussed a stipulation, In the Matter of Cammy Blackstone (SFEC Complaint No. 1920-010), and unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Chiu, seconded by Commissioner Bush, to approve the stipulation as presented.
- Under Item 6, discussed a stipulation, In the Matter of Jennifer Stojkovic (SFEC Complaint No. 1920-011), and adopted (4-1, with Commissioner Bell dissenting) a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to continue the item to the August meeting.
- Under Item 7, discussed draft Statement of Incompatible Activities (SIA) for the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) and adopted (4-1, with Commissioner Bush dissenting) a motion by Vice Chair Lee, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve the SIA as presented.
- Under Item 8, discussed the revised draft Ethics Commission Annual Report for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2021,” including correspondence shared with the Commissioners, and unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Chair Ambrose, seconded by Vice Chair Lee, to approve the draft annual report subject to revisions proposed by Commissioners.
- Under Item 9, heard and discussed staff report regarding status of implementation of recommendations of the August 2020 Budget & Legislative Analyst’s Performance Report of the Ethics Commission. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 10, heard and discussed the Executive Director’s Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 11, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 12, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 13, adjourned the meeting at 12:14 p.m.
Meeting agendas and materials are available at https://sfethics.org/ethics/category/agendas.
Draft Minutes for the July 9, 2021 Regular Meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next Regular Meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, August 13, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.