December 14, 2020
Contact: Pat Ford (415) 252-3100
- Chair Ambrose called the meeting to order at 9:43 am. With Commissioners Yvonne Lee, Daina Chiu, Larry Bush, and Fern Smith in attendance, a quorum was present.
- Under Item 2, provided the opportunity for public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under its Consent Calendar of Item 3, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Smith, seconded by Commissioner Chiu, to approve the Draft Minutes of the Commission’s November 13, 2020 regular meeting.
- Under Item 4, unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Smith, to approve the Proposed Commission Regular Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2021.
- Under Item 7 heard and discussed update regarding Ethics Commission responses to date to ongoing corruption allegations. unanimously (5-0) adopted a motion by Commissioner Bush, seconded by Commissioner Smith, to direct Staff to update the Commission on the status of action on formal recommendations made by the Budget and Legislative Analyst, the Controller’s City Services Auditor Division, and the Commission.
- Under Item 5, heard and discussed an informational presentation and discussion regarding Form 700 E-Filing for All Project. No action was taken as it was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 6, heard and discussed Ethics Commission Draft Racial Equity Action Plan. Unanimously (4-0) adopted a motion by Chair Bush and seconded by Commissioner Lee to approve Staff’s proposed Racial Equity Plan.
- Under Item 8, heard and discussed the monthly Staff Enforcement Report. No action was taken as the item was provided for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 9, heard and discussed the monthly Executive Director’s Report and Staff presentation on electronic disclosure research tools. No action was taken as the item was for informational purposes only.
- Under Item 10, discussed possible items for future meetings.
- Under Item 11, provided the opportunity for additional public comment on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda.
- Under Item 12, adjourned the meeting at 2:03 pm.
Draft Minutes for the December 14, 2020 regular meeting will be available upon their completion and will be included on the Agenda for the Commission’s next meeting. The next meeting of the Ethics Commission is scheduled for Friday, January 8, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. For further information, please contact the Ethics Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-3100.
SFGovTV provides a continuous archive of selected Commission, council and board meetings that allows viewers to watch those meetings online in full at the viewer’s convenience. Video, audio, and closed-captioning archives of Ethics Commission meetings may be accessed here.