The Ethics Commission’s physical office has re-opened for in-person public services beginning Monday, March 7, 2022. During the closure of the Ethics Commission’s physical office due to the City’s Public Health Order, the Commission accepted certain paper forms via the electronic cover sheet process described below that do not have an existing electronic submission process available at https://sfethics.org/guidance/e-file. Until further notice the Commission will continue to accept these forms through this process. Forms submitted using this process per these guidelines will be processed and considered filed as of the date stamp on the electronic submission.
- Forms submitted using this process that are illegible or have an existing electronic submission process will be rejected.
- Do not use this process to transmit documents or other records for the purposes of an audit or complaint.
Complete the Following Steps to Submit Paper Forms
Print or Download the Form
Print one of the following forms or download it to your device:
- SFEC Form 112a (Signature Verification Card)
- SFEC Form 142a (Statement of Participation or Non-Participation – Public Financing Program)
- Acknowledgment of Mandatory Audit
- FPPC Form 410 (Statement of Organization)
- FPPC Form 501 (Candidate Intention Statement)
- FPPC Form 470 (Officeholder/Candidate Campaign Statement-Short Form and Form 470 Supplement) (Only for filers not required to file electronically. See SFC&GCC Sec. 1.112)
- All Campaign Consultant Forms
Complete and Sign the Form
Complete SFEC Form 112a, SFEC Form 142a, Acknowledgment of Mandatory Campaign Audit, FPPC Form 470, and FPPC Form 501 using a PDF application or by printing the form. You may sign the form electronically using the cover sheet described in step 4 in lieu of completing the verification requirements on the form.
The Ethics Commission will not enforce notarization requirements until further notice.
For FPPC Form 410 and all campaign consultant forms, you must print and complete the form with a wet signature on paper.
Scan or Photograph the Form
If you completed the form on paper then scan or photograph the document. Save the scanned document or photo in a supported format to the same device that you will use to complete the cover sheet in step 4.
Attach the Form to an Electronic Cover Sheet
Mail or Deliver the Form
The Ethics Commission will not enforce requirements to submit hard copies of the filed forms with original wet signatures or notarization within 15 days of the Commission posting notice on sfethics.org that the physical office has re-opened.