During the closure of the Ethics Commission’s physical office due to the Order of the Health Officer No. C19-07, the Ethics Commission will now accept certain paper forms via this Electronic Document Transmission Cover Sheet that do not have an existing electronic submission process available at https://sfethics.org/compliance/e-file. The forms that can be filed using this cover sheet are:
- SFEC Form 112a (Signature Verification Card)
- SFEC Form 142a (Statement of Participation or Non-Participation – Public Financing Program)
- Acknowledgment of Mandatory Audit
- FPPC Form 501 (Candidate Intention Statement)
- FPPC Form 410 (Statement of Organization)
- FPPC Form 470 (Officeholder/Candidate Campaign Statement-Short Form and Form 470 Supplement) (Only for filers not required to file electronically. See SFC&GCC Sec. 1.112)
- All Campaign Consultant Forms
Forms submitted using this cover sheet that are illegible or have an existing electronic submission process will be rejected.
You may attach a scan, photograph, or electronic PDF of a form to this cover sheet. For SFEC Form 112a, SFEC Form 142a, Acknowledgment of Mandatory Campaign Audit, FPPC Form 470, and FPPC Form 501, you may sign this cover sheet in lieu of completing the verification requirements on the form. For FPPC Form 410 and all campaign consultant forms, you must attach a scan or photograph of the form that includes required signatures on the form. The Ethics Commission will not enforce notarization or original wet signature requirements during the office closure. Forms submitted using this cover sheet per these guidelines will be processed and considered filed as of the date stamp on this cover sheet. Hard copies with original wet signatures or notarization requirements must be delivered or postmarked and mailed to the Ethics Commission within 15 days of the Ethics Commission posting notice that the physical office has re-opened on sfethics.org. Click here to subscribe to receive notices via e-mail.
Please note: Do not use this cover sheet to transmit documents or other records for the purposes of an audit or complaint.